choosing the right sim-card for Anilao&Romblon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

temas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

Coming January I am taking a trip to Anilao and Romblon. It will be my second time in Anilao (didn't bother with sim card then and some times hotel network was too busy everyones watching youtube) so this time I want to be a bit more independent regarding internet access. As for Romblon - it's terra nova for me ). So guys&gals please recommend what provider should I chose for my trip?

thx in advance!!!

as far as I remember, The 3P in romblon have a reasonable wifi :)

I always get Globe.
Globe and Smart are the 2 main telecoms.

Main two telecoms? Only two telecoms! LOL. :wink:

(There are three other names out here, TNT, TouchMobile, and Sun, but TNT is Globe and TM/Sun are Smart. They're budget "service lines" under different names and limited offerings, but not actual Telecom companies.)

I use Globe here around Manila and Luzon Island. Smart seems to have a more robust network around the Visayas (Davao, Cebu, Bohol).

If you're at the Road Access resorts around Anilao, you should have decent Globe data connections.

I get a globe Sim for Anilao. Sometimes it's faster than the resorts WiFi and Buceo Anilao unless they have improved the WiFi lately you only get wWiFi in the lower rooms.
In Romblon at 3Ps resort the location of the resort tended to be in a cell dead zone so I was using their WiFi which was OK but slow when everyone was on it. It may have been improved since I was there.

Thank you all!! So Globe it is! )))

Back
Top Bottom