Choices: GoPro - SeaLife - Intova - Other???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lozadora

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm really getting into amateur photography (on land!) and know what to look for in a good (not top spec and too expensive) camera. I used to have a Pentax DSLR but have just changed to a more compact Lumix G5 - a fantastic camera I think.

I am going to the Red Sea in a few months and would love to start underwater photography. I have spoken to a friend who recommended a SeaLife camera, but then I read some horrible reviews about it.

SeaLife Reef Master Mini Camera | Simply Scuba UK

I found this camera which is cheap and very compact - but it also seems to have terrible reviews about image quality.

Sport HD | Intova

I am looking for a camera that delivers crisp photos, with ease of adjusting white balance, is not the size of a DSLR (doesn't have to be super tiny but it can't be a heavy beast) and comes in at not much over £300, but as low as possible for good quailty photos.

I've seen some amazing reviews of the GoPro HD Hero 3, but I think these are all written by suppliers / GoPro!! I watched a video on YouTube demonstrating how much better their new dive flat lens housing is and the quality certainly looks impressive - but it was in a 1 metre deep pool!!

For an amateur usnig this, without any strobes / added extras - do you think this would be a good choice?

HERO3 Cameras | More Powerful in Every Way | Most Advanced GoPro

I would love to hear your recommendations or if you know where I can see amateur example images from these cameras?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom