Choices, choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DStaelens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, trying to figure out which place to go, not having a lot of luck. I've got the Aqua Lung "Gear up and Go" package that gives me some money off of going to the Caymans or the Bahamas. Gear Up & Go! - Details

They have other places, but these seem to be the only two I can manage at the moment. If you were a bit of a fish/coral nerd, which would you pick, and any experience with these dive shops?

Thanks,
Dave

I've been to Cayman many times but not used either of those places, and not been to the Bahamas at all. But from what I know, if I were picking without regard to special deals, neither is something I would choose compared to all the other options out there - unless it was an incredibly good deal. There are a lot of really good deals out there right now so I would check around to see what else is available if you haven't already, compare bottom lines and reviews. Just saying, if you're going someplace don't limit your options prematurely.

(My biases, which may not apply to you - Sunshine Suites may be nice, but Seven Mile Beach area is not where I prefer to stay. And Red Sail doesn't have a great reputation, though newer divers seem to like it better. You don't have much choice in dive ops in the Bahamas but if I were to go there I'd be looking at a liveaboard or one of the out islands.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom