Chiquimax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope not. That's only boat BA has that I really like.

Pretty sure this is not true ... checking with my hotel/dive op to verify ...

Last edited:
I cannot confirm this, but last week someone told me that Island Divers Cozumel purchased this boat. It didnt affect me, so I sort of shrugged it off and moved on and made no attempts to verify this claim. Not sure if I'm helping or hurting this rumor, but that's what I've heard locally.

Fast Comfortable boats are expensive to run and require a lot of maintenance. Not everyone understands that but iin time they all will --the reason Aldora charges a bit more than others. We can survive that way, have since 92.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I confirmed it with BA, Chiquimax has been sold. A simple business decision, not what it has been blown into.

They will replace her with what they hope will be a slightly larger boat.

Just a move forward, nothing to panic about.

The last time I was on her she was beginning to show some wear. It was small things like the fiber glass cracking where the roof mounts to the side of the boat and things like that. Maybe no big deal, just my observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom