Chicago Divers: Learn CPR for $5.00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDAnderson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Who wants to learn CPR on a sunny summer day? Sure, it's cold outside, but put your coat on and get your butt in gear...it's time for the annual

CPR Training Days 2006
February 18, 2006
Navy Pier, Festival Hall B

Morning and afternoon sessions available
$5 registration fee​

For more info, visit the Chicago Red Cross website: http://chicagoredcross.org/getinvolved/cprsaturday1.htm

Walk-in Registration will be accepted at Navy Pier.
600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL

Morning Session:

Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. with the class starting promptly at 9:00 a.m. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER 8:55 a.m. Please arrive early and allow time to get to the festival hall at the end of the Pier.

Afternoon Session:

Registration begins at 12:30 pm with the class starting promptly at 1:25 pm. NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER 1:10 pm. Please arrive early and allow time to get to the festival hall at the end of the Pier.

Payment:

There is a $5 materials fee due at the time of registration. Please note: we will only accept cash or check as method of payment for walk-in registration.

Directions and/or public transportation options to Chicago's Navy Pier are available on their website at www.navypier.com under the "Plan a Trip" link.

you going to be teaching it Steve? Our local Fire dept does it for 10$ and it right down the street.. I am signed up for the spring class

And I mean that in the best sort of way. I don't have official figures but a WAG would be that more than 1000 people received CPR training at the event - that's a whole lot of Actars. It was a cold (-3) morning but we had a whole mess of warm hearts show up. It also ended up being quite a party as folks stuck around after class to celebrate in the local saloons. I know I had fun with my students and look forward to seeing them again next year when they come back to recertify.

If you missed the event this year, the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago repeats it every year during February (Heart Month - go figure) or you can get trained through our regular programs almost anytime. If you're in the US and don't know how to get in touch with your local Red Cross chapter, you can visit the homepage of the American Red Cross and use their locator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom