Chest Pain after a dive for a beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adnan A

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi
I had chest pain after I had a dive and want to know what went wrong. Can I present my case in this section ?

Adnan
There is a medical section with some good folks on there,but I think anytime you have unexplained chest pain you should get checked out . Diving within our limits doesnt only apply ot our training and certification level it applies to our physcial health also . I hope your feeling better

Cheers

Can you give any other info? Did you hold your breath last couple of feet on final ascent? Were you swimming with your arms a lot under water or at the surface. Muscle pain? Feel like someone giving you a bear hug?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Dive Medicine..

Adnan
Now that they moved you to the correct forum,you can go ahead and in detail explain what happened. There are some great medical minds on here but you have to give them as much info as possible,you can never give to much info . Make sure you include personal info also such as health,medical history,curretn fitness level it will do nothing but help them give you suggestions .

Cheers

You are welcome to present your case here, but you should obviously be aware that this is no substitute for medical care. We don't know anything about you -- age, risk factors, underlying health -- and there are a lot of causes of chest pain that can be really serious. If you are still having pain, you need a doctor, not an internet forum. If it has gone away and you want to talk about whether there was anything on your dive that might have caused it, this is a reasonable place to do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom