Cheesy dive video by me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want some of what you've been smokin'!

@2.26, do you have your mask tied on with rope?? That's really old school!! :)

Cool video, thanks.

All I could think of, as you went head down and over on your back, was how badly the double-hose regulators I've played with breathe in those positions. No wonder you're aggressive!

Lynne, the first time I tried a DH I thought something must be wrong because of how hard it breathed, like sucking through a straw. Part of it was positioning/tuning and part was having poorly conditioned respiratory muscles. With experience both have improved.

One reason I like vintage diving is that it makes even the most mundane dive into a learning experience. On one of those dives I used a pair of reproduction Churchill fins (the first commercially produced swim fin). Ever wonder why those divers in old movies always seem to be swimming like mad? It's because they had to to get anywhere; the fins sucked for propulsion! I was also using a 1950's era mask part of the time that had no nose/finger pockets. Because I can't clear doing a valsalva I had to reach up under the rim and clear afterward.

The rope was an anchor line that I wrapped around my head for some unremembered reason - upon reflection I probably shouldn't have done that. I blame it on the N (gotta stop adding that to the mix).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom