checking the temperature of the water in here... from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

furcifer

New
Reaction score
As an active duty member of the US Military, I have been to quite a few places/countries where going on a dive is an option. Many of our crew were certified, I was not. I had always wanted to get certified, however the want to get certified faded once I was transferred to another unit.

Today, I was visiting a neighbors house and swimming, and he asked me if i had ever dived in any of the countries I had visited. I explained that I did not, though I wished I was certified so I could possibly partake in future dives. He asked if I wanted to try diving in his pool to see if I was interested. He had 3 complete setups. He provided me with a setup and taught me a few things. He created a monster.

I had asked him about certification, but he didn't have a clue about it because he had gotten his initial certification so long ago. His initial certification was with PADI, and then became NAUI certified.

Which is a better certification? NAUI or PADI?
Which certification is accepted in more places?

Get educated on what each of PADI and Naui offers. Pick the one that most appeals to you. Get certified and then welcome to the club. Hugs

Don't make a difference... Scuba diving is not rocket science.... Find the closest and best place to get the card... Then you go diving..

Where in Maine ? I'm in northern Aroostook county.... Water is very COLD... :wink:

Jim...

And NO ONE gave me " HUGS " when I got here....:depressed:

You didn't complain in your second post.

I now only have to complete my ocean dives. I decided to go with a LDS that is in Rye, NH. I can choose which certification I want. He is a PADI, NASE, and NAUI certified instructor.

I live in York County, but anticipate diving in Cumberland, York County, and off of Isle of Shoals.

Back
Top Bottom