Checking tank pressure does BC hose need to be attached?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where I come from 2800 is a full tank, especially for a second dive. One thing that people sometimes forget is that when a tank is freshly filled, the gas will be warm and the pressure higher. As the tank cools, pressure will decrease.
Yes. The shop in NY usually is around 3000 after cooling. But this one time I checked was about 1400. Used the tank the rest of the summer with no problems, so guess they just messed up at the shop.

I leave my tanks at the shop overnight to get a good fill. 2800 on a HP tank is crappy fill. If you leave the shop with it, it is your fault. A hot filled cylinder should be above the working pressure of the tank until it cools off.

I seldom show up at the dive site not knowing what each tank has. If you are borrowing or renting and don’t know what is in the cylinder, checking is the right thing to do. No one should ever give you grief about checking your gear, even multiple times. When I am setting up my gear, I have one of my buddies listen for leaking o-rings because of my hearing impairment. The only time checking your gear counts against you is when you haven’t done it.

My question is do I need to hook up the hose to the BC to do this? I want to know before I make a scene on the boat if I am doing it wrong.

No.

Why?

You are testing for pressure, not for gas mass flow.

I would advice you though to complete your diving kit before any serious dives!

Hey know it all... It's called a cylinder.

Take a lap.

No.

Tanks are means of warfare.

Cylinders belong to geometry.

It is a breathing gas CONTAINER

Oh, sorry :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom