Checking in from LI, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2BeATecDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just saying hello from long island!

Obtain my OW years ago and have since decided to pursue more in scuba. Obtained my AOW/RESCUE/DEEP/WRECK certs and plan on moving to intro to tec! Hope to see some of yall out there!

Welcome from NS and a Yonkers native. Do you shore dive on LI?

Welcome to SB.
I am on the same path you are on.
There are a lot of NY guys on here. I expect they will chime in shortly.
Welcome.

GLD has excellent regulator service there.

Dive Boats: Sea Hawk & Sea Turtle now require AOW as minimum cert.
Sidekick: If dives are below 100’ you must have Technical or Deep diver cert.

Sidekick: If dives are below 100’ you must have Technical or Deep diver cert.
Sidekick is still running trips? Their old website doesn't load, I found another one but it’s in progress/incomplete and their FaceBook page doesn't have any recent posts on it.

They are! They haven't started up yet for this season. I will ask about the website since I've noticed it is no longer updated.

The Dive Club, Long Island, N.Y. Had a club meeting on 1 March 2022. I did not attend, but I did receive the meetings minutes by email. The 3 boat Capts did speak at the meeting and what I reported above is what they said.

The club is expecting to do a trip to N.C. In August with Olympus dive center.

It seems due to liability, lawsuits and lawyers the boat Capts are tightening up on their safety requirements. Basic OW wont get you much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom