Checking for fluctuation with transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are still teaching that?!
Yep. And the people teaching it wrong are 100% adamant that the rest of the world is wrong.

Let me guess - PADI? 🙄🤦‍♀️
Not necessarily. Mostly just ingrained into them. They were taught that way and can't fathom that their instructor taught them incorrectly.
It is kind of like the people that use their tank valve to blow off the dust cap. It is stupid and pointless, but people still teach it.

Let me guess - PADI? 🙄🤦‍♀️
?? PADI has nothing in its training material about turning a valve back a quarter turn. That comes by word of mouth to young instructors from old divers, and never gets questioned. Along with a mask on your forehead means you are panicked, and don't ascend faster than your slowest bubbles. Scuba myths.

The partial closing goes back about as far as valves do, it’s meant to minimize valve seat damage and seizing, if you try to see if a valve is open and you can’t turn it open further it may be closed to tight, if it is open forcing it more open can make it seize open. This practice isn’t related to scuba and scuba valves but is a carry over from valve operation in the larger valve world. Check your valve so you know what state it’s in.

Can you elaborate on that please? How would you see it? I am very new and have not encountered that in real life.
Hello,

Well, pressure dropped when inhaling and took some time to raise up again. I checked the valve in question, opened it completely and everything was back normal.

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

Well, pressure dropped when inhaling and took some time to raise up again. I checked the valve in question, opened it completely and everything was back normal.

Best wishes Jens
The MH8A transmitters only send the data about every 5 seconds. So it is easy to take 2-3 breaths, have the pressure drop and recover, all within 5 secs. So the trick is to take more time doing it. Or do it twice, not one right after the other.

The MH8A transmitters only send the data about every 5 seconds. So it is easy to take 2-3 breaths, have the pressure drop and recover, all within 5 secs. So the trick is to take more time doing it. Or do it twice, not one right after the other.
Hello,

Well, my breathing rate is slower than 2-3 breaths/5 seconds, at least when diving.

Best wishes Jens

Back
Top Bottom