Cheapest Air route to Irian Jiya or Manado???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
SB`ers , Hello my name is Kevin . I am in Dumaguete , So. Philippines and am going to travel around Indonesia and possibly beyond . What travel hub offers the best rate/ price to those far flung destinations ? Bangkok ? Singapore ? I was thinking of taking a slow boat to Kuala Limpur and go to Sipadan . I want to find a destination with low cost , simple accomodations and cheap diving . I don`t want a resorts . Can anyone offer suggestions on basic digs and budget airfare ? Regards Kevin

Hey Kevin, great that you're able to enjoy some SE Asia diving. I think your best air hub is going to be Singapore. From S'pore you have access to both Borneo diving (for Sipadan) and North Sulawesi (for Manado diving). If you spend a few minutes with a map, you'll see that although a slow boat to Kuala Lumpur sounds romantic, it will take you further from Sipadan than you imagine. Boats going near KL harbour at Port Klang, which is on the western side of the Malay peninsula, whereas Sipadan is on the eastern side of the island of Borneo. I'm not trying to discourage you from visiting KL, but it's not the best route between the Phils and Sipadan!

Check Malaysia Air, they have a pass for $199. Don't remember the restrictions thought. For travel not originating in N.A.

don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom