Cheap torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voodoo0ne

Reaction score
I am looking for a cheap and cheerful torch. I don't need one I just like them! I do some wreck dives in very poor viz - but not at night, so I don't want to spend a lot of money.

What do people think of the Aqualung Lumen 4/6. Its only €17 and it supposedly has an adjustable beam. Any suggestions?

My main torch is the PrincetonTec Tec 400. They work OK at night, if that ever comes up, but mostly I use them in low viz day situations. I have others for back-up, mostly lights I have found in the briny deep, but these are the ones I actually pay for.

As nickjb said take a look at the Uk series of lights. I think a SL4 or a SL6 would do the trick for you. I don't know what they cost in pounds but in Canada you can get them for around $40.

We don't seem to do so well in the £$ exchage when it comes to the price of imported dive goods. The UK water is pretty murky most of the time and I find a good torch is generally essential. I have tried Princeton tec and UK, their quite popular but not so cheap, small torches are for the most part marginal and I think anything smaller than a UK D4 is inadequate in the light depatment, a plastic torch will probably not be durable either.

Back
Top Bottom