cheap regulator set complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I shall be in the San Diego CA area in May for a business trip and I want to buy a used regulator set complete (1st stage, main 2nd stage, alternate 2nd stage, spg and BCD hose) in good shape and of the main brands. I don't care if its 15 years old, buy workable and in good general shape. Nothing beyond $ 100 (as per e-bay lisitings).
I'm not interested in complex consoles with PDC, compass and/or several other instruments. Just spg.

Check out the Craigslist local San Diego ads as soon as you arrive. There might be something that you find suitable.

If you buy used, you should have the reg setup checked out by a competent reg tech before diving it. Ocean Enterprises has their own in-house reg servicing department that could be helpful. Estimate approx. $130 for labor + parts on a first stage and two second stages. A cursory inspection would be significantly less. You may want to compare this to buying a new reg that comes with a manufacturer's warranty.

Last edited:
If you buy used, try to find one that has been serviced within the last few months.

I've already bought a reg set in e-bay.

I would put my life in the hands of a $100.00 anytime.....Lol

The reg was refurbished and it should work as a new one.
If you rent a reg, is it better ?

The question is how long ago was it reburbished? If you send a reg set in to be serviced, it is $60 to $90 plus parts. So no one can make money selling a refurbished reg set for $100 unless they got it free and worked on it themselves.

The question is how long ago was it reburbished? If you send a reg set in to be serviced, it is $60 to $90 plus parts. So no one can make money selling a refurbished reg set for $100 unless they got it free and worked on it themselves.

A few months before I purchased it. The seller is a reg repair shop that did the repair and the original owner refused to pay for the work done, leaving it in the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom