Cheap Dining Options Near Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be staying at Scuba Club Cozumel during the last week of November, 2021 and since they are not really serving dinners during this time period, does anyone know of any cheap dining options near there? I don't mind exploring any good local eateries or even food trucks to get more of the authentic food experience but I'll be walking around in the area so don't really want to venture into any shady areas.

There are so many choices. Shady areas?? You'll be safely walking primarily north on Melgar a short distance. Once downtown you could also head east several blocks which opens up many more. Many restaurant threads here in the Cozumel section. You really can't go wrong. Enjoy!

There are so many choices. Shady areas?? You'll be safely walking primarily north on Melgar a short distance. Once downtown you could also head east several blocks which opens up many more. Many restaurant threads here in the Cozumel section. You really can't go wrong. Enjoy!
Thanks. So walking due east right from the Scuba Club Cozumel location not really recommended? I think it's primarily a residential area

It's been a while since I've done that. Not really a problem except some streets don't go thru every direction and yeah, mostly residential. The whole area is safe although like anywhere it's probably best to be cautious in the neighborhoods at night. Keep in mind taxis in that zone are very cheap too.

I should mention that on Av 30 (Coldwell) there are quite a few cheap authentic places, like Los Nopales and Chilangos. On Av 5 and also Av 10 roughly behind Casa Mexicana there are more. Unfortunately my last visit to the island was Dec-18 so before Covid. I'm sure you'll get many more responses though.

I wouldn’t call it cheap, I call it a good value like at El Moro or Los Otates…and many others…

Rock'n Java is right down the street from SCC. We plan on some outdoor dining and/or carry-outs from there. Rock'n Java wifi was excellent as compared to SCC when we were last there in 2018.

I'll be staying at Scuba Club Cozumel during the last week of November, 2021 and since they are not really serving dinners during this time period, does anyone know of any cheap dining options near there? I don't mind exploring any good local eateries or even food trucks to get more of the authentic food experience but I'll be walking around in the area so don't really want to venture into any shady areas.
Here is list of restaurants I attempt to keep current (impossible job!). There have been many changes in restaurants since Covid hit but there are many, many fantastic places to eat. Might be hard to find a "shady" area within walking distance of SCC , Coz is very safe as long as you use common sense.

If you like the food truck or authentic food experience go to Gastro Park (behind Centro area) or stop at any of the many restaurants of 30th or 65th ave. but these are a bit of a hike from SCC, taxis are cheap.

Attachments

• Cozumel Resturants.pdf
    220.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Cozumel Resturants.pdf
    221.8 KB · Views: 108
la casa de la hamburguesa --This is the same guy who used to run 'Hamburguesa Hut' ,the little blue burger shack on 10th near where Sabores used to be. Great burgers and fries. Go for the El Diabla.

Quintana Roo C-1 598, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico

Also grabbing a quick hot dog @ one of the Nandos is always nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom