Charting a Dive boat interest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The U853 thread @king of Battle posted and the subsequent discussion about the L-8 has motivated me to ask if there is enough similarly motivated divers interested in pooling enough money to charter a dive boat for a day of diving.
Some of the best days for diving are still ahead of us in Sept and Oct so here's the deal.

Two dives the WWI submarine the L-8 and if possible the Narragansett Pinnacles. The Narragansett Pinnacles is a beautiful dive site here's Giant Strides Dive Shop description on their site:
The Narragansett Pinnacles are an amazing Mountain of gigantic granite boulders starts at 80′ and comes up within 25′ of the surface making for a lot of relief and swim-throughs to explore. This site is thought to be remains of a glacier that existed 9000 years ago. Check it out there’s also tons of fish and marine life to enjoy.

The L-8 from DiveBuddies.com:
L-8 is a boat accessible salt water dive site, located in Newport, RI. The maximum depth is 101-110ft/31-34m. The average visibility is 5-10ft/2-3m.

An alternate site if the Pinnacles can't be done could be the BlackPoint not too far from the L-8.
Or even the U853 I think that's nearby also.

And if anyone interested actually knows an operator or if you have a boat big enough for 4-6 divers sound off! What do ya'll think?

My schedule is usually fairly busy. When a date is decided let me know. If I, myself, am unable to attend I know quite a few proficient divers in the area that might have some interest.

I checked the local charters none have any open days in Oct. I'm told that the L-8 isn't dived because of poor vis.
Yeah? No kidding it's RI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom