Charters for isle of shoals/duck island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know of any boat drive trips being conducted this summer to the isle of shoals/duck island for a single diver add on.

I've contacted several shops online and most have stopped from what I understand.

I believe cape ann diver 2 might do those. Call east coast divers. Whether or not they are already sold out is another matter.

Thanks for the tips!

So far, I'm not able to find any charters to isle of shoals, but I've heard there are similar seal encounters at Dry and Little salvages with down under charters. They told me they aren't posting a charter schedule this year but do plan to take people out to Dry and Little salvages.

If anyone knows about any active charters to isle of shoals, I'm all ears.

Who have you tried contacting already about Isle of Shoals charters? Just curious what people have said so far.

You can typically book charters through Portsmouth Scuba, though they usually don't have a schedule for another few weeks. I've gone once/summer with them for the past few years.

Quick update answering my own question above as I've done more research for dives in 2021:
  • Portsmouth Scuba will not be chartering dives to the Isle of Shoals this year, although they may try to resume diving there next year.
  • Seafari, the company Portsmouth Scuba used for their charters, says they are no longer doing scuba dive trips (despite what their website says).
  • Divers Den (suggested by Portsmouth Scuba) is not chartering dives, but recommended East Coast Divers.
  • East Coast Divers works with Cape Ann Diver 2, but they are not planning trips to the Isle of Shoals for cost reasons. (They'll be running boats in the Cape Ann area instead.)
I have not yet gotten in touch with Down Under Charters, although they haven't updated their website since 2019.

Thanks for doing the legwork @spchampion

I had the feeling operators (especially Portsmouth Scuba and Seafari) would want to avoid Shoals after last year's death. Hopefully there will be some trips next year. It is my favorite New England dive site!

avoid Shoals after last year's death.

Please pardon my curiosity, but what happened? The news accounts on the internet offer no details whatsoever. Was the accident any way site related?

Back
Top Bottom