Charter operators in and around Sidney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
My son and I are looking for recommendations for charter operators in and around Sidney. We'll be staying in Sidney for a weekend in March and would like to do a couple boat dives.

We'll have a vehicle, so traveling north or south a bit isn't an issue.

Not knowing the area at all, any insight would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd.

My son and I are looking for recommendations for charter operators in and around Sidney. We'll be staying in Sidney for a weekend in March and would like to do a couple boat dives.

Give these charters operation a try. I never dove with them, I'm lucky enough to have friends with boats:D.

Docside Dive Charters

Cheers

Al

We have a few listed at Island Charters

We recommend Elly at Rockfish Divers (Saanich Inlet) as well as Ogden Point Dive Center in Victoria, which is only about 20 minutes away from Sidney.

Some have special offers on if you mention you were referred by the CoolDives website. Details for some of the favorite dives in the area can be found at Best Dive Sites

If you could let us know how your dives went and who you ended up using, that would be great.

Enjoy your dives.

I've gone with Docside charters, and with Ogden point. You won't go wrong with either, although before you go, check the viz here on scubaboard, because it can vary incredibly from the waterfront, to the inlet, and to Sidney.

We do charters out of the Sidney Dive Centre, located on the Highway between Sidney and the Ferry, check out the website and give us a call, we'd be happy to set a charter up!

L
My son and I dropped into your shop on Saturday. Not sure the name of the person we spoke to (may have been you?), but he was very helpful and knowledgeable. He invited us to dive Deep Cove on Sunday, but we opted to dive at the foot of Beacon St, right in front of our hotel. However, when we woke up Sunday morning, the wind was howling and there were white caps, so we called it.

In the end, we didn't dive at all the entire weekend. :depressed:

We'll have to come back over sometime and do a dive or two with the shop.

Back
Top Bottom