Charleston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hubby and I are heading down to Charleston in August for a 4 day weekend. Want to dive water we can actually see further than 8 feet :wink:. Can you guys/chixs suggest a good LDS to hook up with. Still on the reg open water, no advanced cert or anything like that. We just have experience with low viz (3-8) and a couple dives in the Keys that had to get scrapped because of others on our boat. :depressed:

I dove with Charleston Scuba last year to the Indigo Ledges and enjoyed it. Viz was definitely better than 8' but not up to typical S. Florida standards. The only downsides are the long boat ride and that they are a little pricey (probably a function of the long boat ride. I would definitely dive with them again, however.

Here is a link to the charters section of their website:

Charleston Scuba

AE

Charleston Scuba is very responsive and nice to deal with. Another suggestion given to me by the Charleston Social Group on SB was Low Country Scuba Home (Lowcountry Scuba Online). They tried like heck to get me out the first week of this month, but wind and lack of other mid-week divers kept me landlocked.

Charleston is beautiful, but even more humid than New Orleans, if you can believe that.

Back
Top Bottom