http://www.diveheart.org/

Charity Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyrider003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just wondering if anyone has ever done any type of dive for a charity. I ride motorcycles and I organized a ride for a child, 3 y/o, who was born with his heart on the right side of his body and turned around backwards. Doctors said it would cost $1 million dollars PER surgery and was going to be required to have at least 3 surgeries. As of last August 2007 the doctors reduced that to 2 surgeries. He was doing great. I was in charge of getting the route planned and the ride organized. We ended at Hooters of Auburn Alabama. I just told everyone minimum donation of $15 per bike. Everyone graciously donated more than $15. We raised $780. Now I guess my question is, does anyone have any ideas for doing something like a charity dive, maybe for st.jude? I would love to do something for those children, just not sure what activities divers could do during the dive. Anyone have any suggestions? If anyone has an idea of how to do something like this and would like to maybe help get it organized for the summer time then shoot me a line. I would need all the help I could get. I was thinking of maybe some place like Morrison springs, but not sure if I would have to get in touch with Walton County or whoever since we would be collecting money while the spring itself is free. You can email me at easyrider003@gmail.com

Thanks for your time,
Michael

Every year my LDS sponsors a "treasure hunt" dive where all of the prizes are donated by suppliers. They charge $15 per head and the proceeds are donated to a local charitable organization. It is quite popular as an evening out with somewhere around 70 diver attending.

This is not unique to the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom