Charging options for the DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just received my DC800 and am so far pleased. I have a few questions about the battery and charging options.
Having migrated form the DC310 I enjoyed the ease of simply swapping out AA batteries and putting in readily available new ones. With the proprietary battery this isn't possible. So I plan to get a spare battery. But using the camera, out of the housing, to charge the battery isn't something I am to anxious to do. I dive mostly in Aruba and the humidity there is insane. In the past I tried to minimize the amount of time the camera stayed out of the housing with my 310. When I get a spare battery (SL1814) are there options to charge it outside of the camera? I noticed some mention of a part number SL1815 charging tray. Can this be used with the supplied AC charger to do what I want? Or can the tray in the travel kit (SL1816) be used with the AC charger as well as the DC cord?
Thanks in advance for any info.
John

The AC adapter that came with your camera and the Travel Charger (SL1816) both plug into to the charging tray (SL1815). So you are able to charge the battery out of the camera. The charging tray comes with the Travel kit, so it almost makes more sense to get the SL1816 which comes with the car charger, charging tray, and spare battery.

The AC adapter that came with your camera and the Travel Charger (SL1816) both plug into to the charging tray (SL1815). So you are able to charge the battery out of the camera. The charging tray comes with the Travel kit, so it almost makes more sense to get the SL1816 which comes with the car charger, charging tray, and spare battery.

Just the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Cool.. Adding that to my Birthday list for September.

when I ordered my camera, I added a spare battery to the order....do I need some kind of charge kit?
I assumed it would come with sufficient chargers.

If you read the articles on issues with fogging, I would think an external charger would be highly desirable as you can then minimize the time the housing stays open or the camera stays outside of the case. If you charge the battery externally then you need only to remove it for the minute it takes to swap batteries or SD cards. The Moisture Muncher should then be able to handle the small amount of moister that got into the housing and camera.
Toward that end, if anyone finds a good price on the SH1814 (battery) SL1815 (charging tray) or the SL1816 (batter, tray and 12 volts lighter plug), I am interested. Currently I cannot find anyone who has any of these items in stock. All say "accepting orders"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom