Charger for custom Li-Ion battery packs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What chargers are folks using to charge DIY lithium battery packs? I'm converting an old OMS HID canister light to an 8500 lumen LED with an as yet undetermined number of 18650's inside. The only significant component I need now is a way to charge a battery pack. Currently the Li-Ion chargers I have are only capable of charging individual 18650's.

batteryspace has a number of them. have to determine voltage first which is essentially determined by the size of the canister. Once you sort that out, you need to know how fast it can charge/you want to charge it.
list of a mountain of them there
BatterySpace.com/AA Portable Power Corp. Tel: 510-525-2328

This one: 109D Lithium Poly Charger
The downside is the input is 12 vdc so home use requires a power supply. This no big deal if you know which end of a soldering gets hot. The upside is the input is 12vdc which makes charging in the field a snap.

Best, most accurate means to fully charge a Li-Ion battery, the pulse finishing mode can't be beat.

Not cheap, but worth it.

We used these as the core of the "Fury" chargers we used to offer, with a number of product specific mods.

Tobin

I'm using an icharger 206B to balance charge my 6S Lithium scooter battery, I've also made pigtails to charge my lights with the same charger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom