Chanson d'Mer (Catalina Island -- 160 fsw)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had a brief weather window and I took full advantage of it with a trip on Monday to the frontside of Catalina with Kyaa on the Sundiver.

We were looking for some new sites and ended up diving a ketch which a few people know about. However, @California Diver has recently uncovered the identity of the wreck. I didn't have any good photos from my original dive in July 2020 so I went back and had superb visibility and got some good photos.

I took a bunch of natural light photos and was also able to build a photogrammetry model based on those. I've posted a lot of photos (natural light and with artificial light) along with a link to the photogrammetry model at the post below:

Below is a low-res photo of the wreck (higher res versions are on the post above). Keep in mind that the wreck 160' deep to the sand and is 55' long. We don't often get conditions like this here in Southern California so I feel very fortunate.

cdm-sb.jpg

I hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday season.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom