Changing wrist seals on a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabuzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

I want to replace the wrist seals on my Whites Fusion drysuit myself and I have a few questions. I have made a jig out of wood, duct tape, and a few curse words. Now I'm preparing to remove the seals and I know that the fusion drycore has some sort of heat activated adhesive in it. my question is, do I remove the factory seal completely, put the suit and new seal on the jig and just heat it with a heatgun or do I trim the seal down and glue the new one on to the remaining bit with aquaseal like any other drysuit?

Thanks in advance.

TC:

Great how Aqua Lung in their attempt to rebrand everything Whites Diving have killed this link and all the other wonderful and helpful information that Whites diving had available to the public.

Well done Aqua Lung you guys are so friggin awesome. Love what you guys are doing to a great product that came from a great company.

Having just bought a Fusion, and doing some internet research, I have to agree with you about the quality of info on the Aqualung site.

They haven't taken down the YouTube vids yet at least.

Great how Aqua Lung in their attempt to rebrand everything Whites Diving have killed this link and all the other wonderful and helpful information that Whites diving had available to the public.

Well done Aqua Lung you guys are so friggin awesome. Love what you guys are doing to a great product that came from a great company.
The information is still available, just not where it used to be. Replace Wrist Seals - Whites Diving - Whites Diving

The best advice for a DIY drysuit repair is to take your time. The last thing you wanna do is rush anything.

I know this is an old thread but in the spirit of Halloween and ghostly resurrection ..:)

So I am not a fan of the SRT system neck seal, which I have on my backup Fusion. The permanent SRT wrist seals on the backup are fine for cold water diving but when I hit Florida I find the rings constantly in the way. As a result I have kept my primary Fusion pretty much original.

Now that the primary Fusion has blown a wrist seal I picked up the dry-adhesive kit from DRIS and think I'm good to go with that repair. Then I start thinking about the glove rings...

I use the Glove Lock ring system on this suit. The rings can really stretch out the seal. What I was wondering is this: what if I add the normal wrist seal, bonded to the inside of the sleeve, but then added a second larger seal bonded to the outside of the dry-core sleeve. This larger seal would be trimmed to accept the Glove Lock rings. Best of both worlds? Here in Canada, use the rings with the inner seal as a safety backup; and when I go to Florida, I simply remove the rings, roll the outer seal back over the wrist and just use the inner seal?

Am I over thinking this? Has anyone tried this or some variation of this?

You’re over thinking it.

So do you have latex or silicone?

Latex on this suit. I could use bottle seals, give the wide end some extra length and place the rings there..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom