Changing to imperial measurements on Mares Quad Air dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's quite easy really. From start screen, press "up" twice to reach "Set". Press "Enter" on the "Dive" option; press "up" until reaching the screen labeled "Units" (I believe it is five presses). Press "Enter" to start it flashing and choose "Ft/F". Press "Enter" again, which will stop it flashing. Press escape until reaching the home screen again.

As a note, in the manual Mares states the Units screen comes prior to the "Gas Int Egr" screen though in fact it comes after so just pay attention. It really is a pretty simple device with a good amount of features that are pretty quick to access.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 11451- Manuale Quad Air - ENG.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 313
It's quite easy really. From start screen, press "up" twice to reach "Set". Press "Enter" on the "Dive" option; press "up" until reaching the screen labeled "Units" (I believe it is five presses). Press "Enter" to start it flashing and choose "Ft/F". Press "Enter" again, which will stop it flashing. Press escape until reaching the home screen again.

As a note, in the manual Mares states the Units screen comes prior to the "Gas Int Egr" screen though in fact it comes after so just pay attention. It really is a pretty simple device with a good amount of features that are pretty quick to access.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I worked with it this weekend and figured it out using the Quad Air manual I found online. Got help from the USA HQ in getting it paired a few week's ago. Didn't have a complete manual with it when I bought it.

I'm really getting the "itch" to get the new Teric from Shearwater later this Fall. . I dive alot of times in poor vis lake water and it's vibrant numbers and letters would be easier to see with my eyes.

I hear you on the high-vis benefits; the Quad Air caught my eye with the price, transmitter option, and because I had good luck with mares brand in the past. I was a bit disappointed in the fact that the app was a joke and the communications rig was not included (for shame). Also, the light really was rather inadequate for many peoples’ needs. Hope you manage to scratch the itch, and let us know what you think when you do!

I hear you on the high-vis benefits; the Quad Air caught my eye with the price, transmitter option, and because I had good luck with mares brand in the past. I was a bit disappointed in the fact that the app was a joke and the communications rig was not included (for shame). Also, the light really was rather inadequate for many peoples’ needs. Hope you manage to scratch the itch, and let us know what you think when you do!
Yes, I plan getting a Teric by Nov. or Dec. It's going to take a good while for my local dive shop to get caught up on the backorders for them.
I talked to Shearwater by e-mail and they said that if the Mares transmitter has certain letters or numbers on the transmitter it would be able to pair or talk to the Teric. It didn't, of course. But my local shop has a pretty good price on the Teric w/transmitter and it may be even better later in the year.

Wow crazy their that backstocked already! What was your experience with the LED transmitter on the Mares?

Wow crazy their that backstocked already! What was your experience with the LED transmitter on the Mares?

Haven't had a chance to dive with the Mares Quad Air yet. Should try this Sat. am at a local lake to see how it does. It's my first hoseless Air intergrated dive computer. LED does flash off and on when you open the tank valve.
Pretty cool techie looking !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom