Changing the language on a Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rollin Bonz

*insert catchy phrase here*
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I picked up a never wet Teric to try out because it was at a good price. When I got it, the language is set to Spanish. Well that's no bueno... No biggie, I'm sure that's an easy fix. Well, I hamhanded through the settings menu, and didn't see a way to change the language. Off to review the users manual, where the only mention of setting the language is during firmware update. Allrightee then, let's update the firmware. But alas my firmware is the most current version. It appears there is no way to downgrade or "redo" the current firmware install...

I've emailed Shearwater, and I'm sure I'll hear back after the holidays.

In the meantime... Can anybody helpabruthaout?

Well I just heard back from Shearwater. There is currently NO WAY TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE ON A TERIC OUTSIDE OF A FIRMWARE UPDATE.
It's a known issue and they are currently working on a fix...

☹️

For anyone that is interested, this has been resolved! I conversed with Edward at Shearwater via email about it last week. He said (Friday) that he'd check with the software guys on Monday and let me know. He emailed me again this morning requesting some additional details, then this afternoon, he let me know it had been fixed! You are now prompted for a language, even if you have the most recent firmware installed. Click the correct language and proceed with reinstallation of the firmware in the chosen language.

OUTSTANDING!

This thread is now officially another Shearwater customer service testimonial!

I just bought a used TERIC and ran into this problem. The language was set to Mandarin Chinese. First, connect your TERIC to the Shearwater App on your phone (via Bluetooth). Click on "Customize", then "Dive Computer Language", then select the language you want installed on your TERIC. Very easy! It might be necessary to first update your TERIC to the latest firmware, which I did. :)

Back
Top Bottom