Changing Datamask battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notso_Ken

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are 2 TINY screws holding the battery cover on my datamask. Looking at them with a magnifying glass, they are a square drive. I got a number of square bits, and even the 1/16" is too big! Anyone know how to change the battery, or where to get the right size square bit to be able to remove the battery cover?

Ken

Mine has + (phillips) drive screws. Are you looking at the correct cover? The battery compartment is on the side!

Yes, I am looking at the right cover. The other covers have 3 each star head screws. Also pretty small, but a little larger than the 2 square drive ones. I'm very aware of where the battery compartment is. Incidentally, I had to use a magnifying glass to tell they were square!

Ken

Mine has + (phillips) drive screws. Are you looking at the correct cover? The battery compartment is on the side!

You could make a little square drive from a 4" nail. Just file the end till it fits? Shouldn't think the screws will be overly tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom