Changing boots on bare Xcd2 pro dry, what does it cost? What are options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checkout Diverightin, the do awesome work, good prices and several options.

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a used Bare Xcd2 dry suit. It has boots on it that are a bit too small. What does it cost to change the boots? Is this done at a Bare dealer or do is end it in?
what are the boot options?

Thanks
00wabbit

Ive done it on a Trilam suit. $90 for a pair of boots from a bare dealer. $5 on the tape, $30 for a tube of PB300 and a pipe coupling I got from my friend for free. About 3 hours job including the old boits removal and cleaning. Thats what it took me.

Another option is to have the SiTech boot rings put on the drysuit. These consist of an upper and lower set of rings. The upper set is attached to the suit legs. The bottom set is attached to any appropriate boot or bootie. The upper and lower parts are held together with bolts and and an o-ring.

The stock Bare hard boot is a bit unusually shaped. It is extremely wide. I have a very wide foot and the boot is even wider. This can cause some issues with fins. For example, with the XL sized boot (size 11), I must use a XL sized fin. Some XL fins such as the Apollo's do not fit satisfactorily at all.

The above led me to start experimenting with the SiTech boot rings. Different boots can be switched out in case the boot gets damaged or worn out. I am currently installing the boot rings on a Bare trilam tech dry and a pair of sperry figawis that fit both my feet and fins well.

Back
Top Bottom