Change Username

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReconShark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would like to change username.

How can I do this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't - but any moderator can do it for you.

What you would like to change it to?

You can't - but any moderator can do it for you.

What you would like to change it to?

I would like to drop the "2.0" when I first signed up it said username "tanked" was already taken, but I've never seen him around.
I did a member search, and tanked was not listed

If it says "user ID taken" but it doesn't show in the member list, it's a banned and locked account.

There are ways to make an identical username to one that is already taken, using "Windows Character Map and choosing a symbol that looks exactly like one of the letters in the desired name. The forum software sees it as a symbol so it doesn't conflict with a previously registered user ID, but everyone else sees it as a letter.

If it says "user ID taken" but it doesn't show in the member list, it's a banned and locked account.

There are ways to make an identical username to one that is already taken, using "Windows Character Map and choosing a symbol that looks exactly like one of the letters in the desired name. The forum software sees it as a symbol so it doesn't conflict with a previously registered user ID, but everyone else sees it as a letter.

Not necessarily. Sometimes the account simply goes inactive.

Not necessarily. Sometimes the account simply goes inactive.

Yeah I would think there are other reasons other than banning but "an account going inactive" would cause the username to drop off the member list?

Thats gotta be unique to the VBulletin platform, and is likely an admin configurable option.

Back
Top Bottom