CF200 Leaking dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
I did a search on the DUI dump valves like mine which leaks abit. After every dive for the past 2 years I get a left area of my arm that is a bit wet. Not soaking but 4-6 inch area.

The posts show that the low profile valves have this issue when the valve is open. I am enclosing a pic of my valve. I usually dive with my valve wide open; I have not experimented with slightly turning it to provide more resistance.

I took the suit to a LDS. They took the valve off, nothing seemed abnormal.

Is this normal for this type of valve? The suit is 3 years old, has about 30 dives on it.

Thanks.
DUI Valve.jpg

The Apeks low profile dump valve is prone to leaking when left fully open. I had this issue on two suits. It was leaking for a while with my newish FLX Extreme then stopped.

The standard remedy is to close the valve a few clicks.

I've replaced all my dump valves with the SiTech double diaphram valves which are sold by Viking as suited for use in contaminated water - they cost around 50-100% more than the cheap valves but work perfectly.
Michael

Hi:
I did a search on the DUI dump valves like mine which leaks abit. After every dive for the past 2 years I get a left area of my arm that is a bit wet. Not soaking but 4-6 inch area.

The posts show that the low profile valves have this issue when the valve is open. I am enclosing a pic of my valve. I usually dive with my valve wide open; I have not experimented with slightly turning it to provide more resistance.

I took the suit to a LDS. They took the valve off, nothing seemed abnormal.

Is this normal for this type of valve? The suit is 3 years old, has about 30 dives on it.

Thanks.

your picture didn't upload, but it probably is the Apeks low profile in which case you said you haven't done the official fix for your problem. Open all the way and turn it back 2-3 clicks and you should be perfectly fine. The difference in resistance is negligible.

WOW. Thanks for replies.

Sorry about the pic not uploading. I did it from work PC and it's finicky. I think it's fixed.

So I am wondering if there is a better valve you recommend when the time comes to replace. I know there was a recommendation above and I like that as on my Viking it has not leaked (ever). I've also read some other recommendations here on the forum.

WOW. Thanks for replies.

Sorry about the pic not uploading. I did it from work PC and it's finicky. I think it's fixed.

So I am wondering if there is a better valve you recommend when the time comes to replace. I know there was a recommendation above and I like that as on my Viking it has not leaked (ever). I've also read some other recommendations here on the forum.

I mean, there are other valves but these things typically outlast the drysuit itself, so I wouldn't plan on replacing it. Those low profile Apeks ones are really reliable and super high quality and just because you have to turn it a couple of clicks back to keep the mushroom valve seated, I wouldn't go out and spend a $100+ to replace it.

I mean, there are other valves but these things typically outlast the drysuit itself, so I wouldn't plan on replacing it. Those low profile Apeks ones are really reliable and super high quality and just because you have to turn it a couple of clicks back to keep the mushroom valve seated, I wouldn't go out and spend a $100+ to replace it.
Agree 100%.

I use Apeks low profile in a contaminated water version. Dual diaphragm. Keeps me dry and happy.

I use Apeks low profile in a contaminated water version. Dual diaphragm. Keeps me dry and happy.
Can you send a picture to this thread? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom