Cert. Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaskipper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How long does it usually take to get your cert. card from NSS-CDS? I know the rangers will want a card before they'll let you in the water. Just finished Apprentice and would like to get in some practice before I schedule Full Cave.

Your temporary card will work fine till your new one comes in. Usually under 30 days. If your Basic Cave already you can use that card still. Rangers dont know if your diving thirds or doing jumps and mainly enforce the no lights rule for OW divers.

Your card will come in the mail and in a few weeks, not to worry.
I have already lost and found my apprentice card once but made sure to put my "Full" Cave card away in my log book.
Your Basic / Intro will work just fine mine did.
The pics from the flooding suggest you will have a bit of time to prepare for some dives.
Train well and enjoy.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning.

Are they issuing Apprentice hard cards now? Mine was on paper as a temporary card and had a hand written expiration date on it if I recall correctly.

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh, Congrats on your Apprectince level!

Are they issuing Apprentice hard cards now? Mine was on paper as a temporary card and had a hand written expiration date on it if I recall correctly.

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh, Congrats on your Apprectince level!

3 years ago, mine was laminated paper from the NACD. It expires anyways, and shouldn't be the end of your training, so I don't see the need to pay extra for a card.

The NACD charges for the laminated paper ones too, at least they do now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom