Cenotes - please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tips and photos. On the last shot - the silouette without the strobe what shutter speed were you set at - if you can remember. Again, thanks for the help.

I don't have many of mine scanned, but here's one I kinda like. I hope it uploads true. Exiting Naharon.
232024.jpg

My buddy took these of me....
153742.jpg

153605.jpg

153403.jpg

153221.jpg

153030.jpg

I need to get a few more of mine scanned....all on professional slide film.

oh, sure, now I'm feeling the pressure to get more shots :)

next trip .. Nov 3-12, getting close

new equip ... 2 more strobes, 4 total now (2 - 200's, 2 100a's), 2 slave sensors, and extension cables.. and 15mm lens.. should be a (strobe) blast!

Art

:D

Just two cavers admiring each other's work! Too bad you didn't enter your stuff in the NSSCDS contest two years running. They don't do it anymore, but when they did it was nifty. My buddy and I had 6 in the 2006 Calendar. I had the cover and two months, he had 3 months. Last year, he had one month. I didn't enter that year.

There's nothing more sobering tho, to look at your pictures at the Workshop contest and feel pretty good about them thinking they look pretty darn good. Then walk out into the display area and look at Wes Skiles stuff. It's about then that you realize your stuff is schlock compared to his!! :rofl3:

I'll be in Akumal in December for my 6th year running. We usually take turns taking pictures. Whichever one of us is the model has the slave strobe, the other takes the pictures. Whoever is the model is also the one who keeps tabs on the others in the group, where the line is, staying with the group, etc. This allows the photographer to be a little flexible. We DON'T have both of us taking pix at the same time....that's a recipe for disaster in our minds. The model also STAYS on the line. If you look at our stuff you'll see he or I are always on the line. If we can't get the shot that way, we don't get it. We don't want to end up like that group a couple years ago that got preoccupied with photography and made a fatal mistake. We also don't hold up the group. We try to be the last pair in the group so we don't annoy the others with our flashes.

we tend to dive as a team of 2, one always on the line (but varies who it is).

only 1 with camera (have been taking 2 cameras lately, but thats just on ocean dives, not cave). We will have the camera stowed on entry, and take photos on exit only.

camera is negative, and has a clip attached, has been clipped off to line on some dives, and picked up on return.

also, its a good idea to do sharing air, ooa drills etc. while also having the camera.

camera being lowered to me at temple of doom
58.jpg

Too funny! I've got a picture like that in print lowering down the camera at Temple. I also like your picture at Gran Cenote....got one like that too that isn't scanned.

Here are a few more of mine....

My UWS Cover....
063529.jpg

A couple I took of my buddy at Minotauro....
063533.jpg

063535.jpg

What the "owner" is doing at Calimba.....not sure how I feel about that.
160226.jpg

Geez....he's added to it. The altar was there last December, but not quite as large. It will be interesting to see what all he's added in a few months. It's his property, I guess he can do whatever he wants with it. Oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom