Cenotes advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InTheDrink

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I might be going to Mexico late Nov and if so would love to dive some cenotes.

many particular recommendations? I’ve around a thousand dives and am a lowly DM but won’t have my kit with me so diving rental. Not cave certified.

Any recommendations welcome

Thanks,
John

Whereabouts are you staying? Cancun is too far to get someone based in Tulum to pick you up, for instance.

If you haven't even picked a spot to stay, you might contact Dive Aventuras to see if they can put together a package for you. One of the owners is a cave instructor, with several cave-certified dive guides on the staff.

Try diving with Scuba Seven and ask for Tanguma. He is amazing.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the cenotes but the pit and Angelita are my favorites. Horrow show diving.

If you happen to be staying in Cancun, we recently did Cenote dives through Coconut Divers and would highly recommend them. One of their owners, Leif (an experienced cave diver who speaks perfect English), will have their driver pick you up at your hotel and take you to Tulum for whatever Cenote diving you want to do. We did Chac Mool, which was a lot of fun and they serve excellent post dive burritos and beer on site.

I just did my first trip down there, mostly just doing drills in cenotes but got a little taste for cavern/cave in one of them; just awesome; going back after Christmas. Lots of great divers down there and the caves will just call to you, could lead to a whole new path in your diving. :D

Just returned from 4 days (8 dives, Sept 2019) with Under The Jungle technical diving at Xpu-ha (between Playa del Carmen and Tulum). I stayed in a well-appointed room above their dive shop. The cenotes were only a 10 minute drive away, and the Xpu-ha beach after diving was only a 15 minute walk from my room.

Good luck, I am happy to answer questions.

GJS

Back
Top Bottom