Cenote Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
If a diver has the proper certification, what is the actual cost of cenote diving? Does anyone actually require a guide if you pay the location admission fee? Can you, for example, rent a vehicle and tanks and show up at the cenote (c-card in hand) and gain entry? If so, what is the site entry fee? I would like to buddy up with anyone who has 'Cavern' certification or better, and take a day trip to go cenote diving on my up-coming Playa Del Carmen trip (FEB 23/09 to MAR 15/09). I hope Cavew0man is still up to the challenge and will join (lead) us (or 'me' if nobody else is available).

The entry fees for the cenotes vary from about $8 US to about $20, depending on site. Some sites will not let you in with a note from someone they trust (Cenote Eden does that). Some sites inspect certs, most do not.

Double tank rentals will run around $25 to $30 a day. We got two dives off a set of Al80 doubles on 6ths, if we didn't push the first dive. We rent two sets and do four dives a day.

None of the sites we've been to required guides, although going with someone familiar with the system will save you TONS of time in finding the mainlines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom