Cells, Mvs and linearity in the older unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonG1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My Predator finally revealed why it had been giving errant battery readings when one of the leads to the battery snapped.

No bother I figure, hooking up my SW Gradient Factor to the unit, however the GF doesn't compensate for altitude and atmospheric so will exhibit some margin of error over a compensated PDC.

I also seem to recall that my original KISS triples didn't have the facility to read MV or compensate for altitude would have been impossible to check for linearity.

So my guess is that back in the day there was no option but to dive with some degree of inaccuracy and less confidence in linearity checks?

I was thinking this might spark some debate about how much accuracy is actually required/demonstrated in cells and what the real world implications are in terms of linearity, especially if historically in the absence of atmospheric compensation calibration was compromised.

Does anyone have any insight at all

Narked has made a pressure pot for a long time (20yrs?). Anything that isn't measure deviation from linearity above the actual diving setpoint is a bit of a WAG anyway.

Back
Top Bottom