Cell Phone Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlakeK9

New
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new cell phone that takes really nice pictures but I'm not quite sure what to look at. Is there one particular phone that you would recommend for the picture quality?

Have you searched the net for sights discussing this subject? There is an amazing amount of info available if you search: try Google or Yahoo, or your choice, using the words: cell, phone, camera, "good photos". I am sure you'll find sites where they are discussing just such stuff, and you can ask your question of those geeks. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I've done searches, but of course the majority of what I've been finding has been reviews done by sites selling the phones, so I was looking to see if anybody who actually used the phone had some more insight to it other than what I've been hearing there. I've found a pretty comprehensive list here that I can work off for now.

My Nokia 6102i makes pretty good pictures. Unfortunately, Nokia doesn't make that model anymore, but they make some of the best camera phones on the market.

The Motorolas out now (Razr, Krzr, Slvr, etc) take really nice pictures. Not that I'd recommend a Motorola for anything other than the camera, but that's the only thing I've personally experienced.

You may check out mobiledia.com - that's where I found a lot of information on not only choosing a phone, but once you have it, how to work all the features.

Nokia N series. I've had an N73 and now have an N95. They're 3 and 5 megapixels respectively. The important thing is that the lens actually focuses like a "proper" camera. They are also manufactured by Carl Zeiss. I can't rate them too highly.

avoid blackberrys. the camera is decent, but the rest of the thing sucks.

Back
Top Bottom