Cdx5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHugger

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am in Jamaica (a long way away from a friendly dive shop) and just now received a new GT3/CDX5 regulator (ex EBay). The main problem is no manual. I've tried Oceanics website and the 'manual' link is there but the response is 'the page does not exist'. My immediate query is about the LP ports. Two are labelled with the letter 'R'. Are these for buoyancy uses or are they high flow LP ports?

While I am here, I may as well also ask. Is there an optional wider exhaust tee? This one looks like the bubbles are going to pass in front of eyes. User comments appreciated.

Should also mention. First impression based on dry breathe - very nice with no noticeable effort required.

ReefHugger

Thanks Doug. I did eventually get to the manuals. I looked at both 'Regulator Owner's Manual' and also the one for TDX5 (there is no stand alone for the cdx5). However, I am still in the dark as to which LP ports are venturi assisted. No reference was made to identifying them or to the 'R' labelling, in either manuals.

I should point out that high flow LP ports was an important consideration in my selection of a new regulator. As an active instructor, I want this feature to be available, should the need arise in an octopus sharing of air situation.

ReefHugger

Hi ReefHugger,

I have the same reg as you ( and I love it, performs great for me ... ) , and I had the same question as you. When I bought my gear the main second stage was connected to one of the ports at the front without the 'R'.

I ended up speaking directly with a service tech at oceanic, and he advised that all 4 LP ports where equal, ie there is no difference between the "R" and non "R" ones. I had my second stage moved to one of the "R" ports, and it made no difference in the breathing.

However all said and done, I think it is a great reg, and love diving with mine.

John

Thanks a lot jpatmore. I was begining to think that I was some kind of oddball, with no one else wanting to know about the 'R'.

Just to let you know where I had gotten to. I had gone to the Oceanic website, then 'Owner Services', then manuals. There were no specific manual for the CDX-5. There was however, a manual for the TDX-5. I made the (stupid?) assumption that they were the same first stages; with the difference being that the TDX-5 was made with titanium. In this manual there is reference to venturi LP ports. Have a look and if you run into your friendly Oceanic technician, maybe you could ask about it. And unfortunately, still would like to know the meaning of 'R'.

Happy and encouraged by your testimony on the regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom