CCV airport drop off?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illini_Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm staying at CCV from Sat-Sat (01/17 - 01/24). I see from their web site and from the flight information I emailed them, that they will pick me up at RTB on the 17th

Will You Pick Me Up At The Airport?
CoCo View Resort provides ground transportation from the airport to the resort for guests staying 5 nights or longer. To ensure transportation is available, flight arrival information must be provided to our reservation office.

My question -- do the provide the return shuttle the next week? I would assume they do as that shuttle is most likely picking up the new inbound divers, but figured I'd ask.

thanks

Yup.

Everything is arranged, look for the people with CCV badging, after you pass through passport control, next, look at the carousel for your bags. This is not an instant thing. Point out your bags to the bag guys, likely Nora (give her your baggage claim tix), she will be in charge of that. Then you exit through Customs and have your hand baggage x-rayed, go get in the CCV bus. TIP THE BAG GUYS AT THE BUS, $5 to $10 would be a :wink:

At CCV, you'll fill out some quick papers, get a room key (that likely you won't use all week) then later, turn your passport and return tix in at the office so they can get you pre-checked and a return seat assignment. Your papers will be held in a big old safe that is as secure as anything can be. Not to worry.

Then you can attach a c card to the dive op paperwork, go get weights, a room# dive locker tag, claim a space, and get ready to dive.

Thursday, they serve "eviction papers" found on your bed. You have to return to reality-land. You'll be told where to leave your baggage and what time (usually by 8 am the morning of your Saturday flight). Stop by the office first on Friday, pay any bar or boutique bill, get your paperwork back. Suffer through your last night in paradise with that free rum punch thing. Wake up Saturday, have some breakfast. When you get to the airport, your bags will be waiting for you at the check-in line.

There is a coffee bar at the far West end of the main entry hall. Pay your fees, jump through the hoops, go through TSA. They will steal your lighters and batteries, aerosol bug spray, whatever they might like. Then, go and mill around the exit lounge, grab a seat, get a pretty darned good sandwich over there in the far SE corner, relax, they'll get you in the plane before it leaves, enjoy the Honduran logic of dealing with large groups of people. Just go with it.

The nice thing about CCV.... On the rare occasions you have weather problems? I have been driven back and forth to the airport, never touching my bags even once, for three full days before the tropical storm lifted to allow flights. I was charged nothing for this incredible service and the amazing hospitality of this amazing resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom