cayman island east side = how choppy is choppy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjg once bubbled...
:)

...I have been known to get a little seasick and I have heard that side of the island can get a little choppy, I am a little concerned.

Start taking a daily dose of TripTone a day or so before your first boat dive.

Get your gear set up early then wait until last possible moment to get into it before jumping in or tell the captain that you get sick and see if you can get in the water earlier than the others.

Avoid bending over from a seated position to get to your mask and fins. Look straight ahead of you when putting on your fins. Get everything situated so that you can quickly sit down, slip into your gear and hop in.

Ride to the dive site where you have a clear view of the shore or horizon and stay out of fumes as much as possible.

diveski01 once bubbled...

Start taking a daily dose of TripTone a day or so before your first boat dive.

Get your gear set up early then wait until last possible moment to get into it before jumping in or tell the captain that you get sick and see if you can get in the water earlier than the others.

Avoid bending over from a seated position to get to your mask and fins. Look straight ahead of you when putting on your fins. Get everything situated so that you can quickly sit down, slip into your gear and hop in.

Ride to the dive site where you have a clear view of the shore or horizon and stay out of fumes as much as possible.

That's good advice that's work well for me except under extreme environmental pressure (like last November in Panama City when breathing antifreeze fumes and waiting for a tow back to port erased all my mental resolve... after all... fish gotta eat too!)

hey great... thanks for that info. we'll be staying at ten sails during our stay there.

have you heard of absolute divers?

can't seem to find much info on good or bad experiences with them. any info you have regarding them would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom