Cayman - Cheap Accoms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chforte

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of some inexpensive places to stay in the caymans. I plan on taking an Aggressor trip and I'm sort of an airline employee so I can get to Cayman and back home for pretty darn cheap. Problem is, I need to try and fly in the middle of the week (in case of being bumped). Sooo I'm looking for cheap rooms on any one of the islands. If I have to pay for a island hopper ticket to get back to Grand Cay thats ok. Just need a cheap place for a couple nights. Any suggestions?

The Cayman Inn, formerly the Sleep Inn, on Seven mile beach is the cheapest place I've found on GC. Its clean and close in to town so you don't have to get a rental car to get around because the buses run regularly ($2US) in front. Depending on the season, you can get a single for around $75 US with a small daily energy surcharge. You can get the best rate by doing the prepay on www.travelocity.com Its a good clean property and they even include continental breakfast.

I have to agree. I have there and have no complaints. Clean rooms, nice pool, easy walking access to downtown Georgetown.

I'm sorry to report that the Cayman Inn (formerly Sleep Inn) has closed its doors! The hotel shut down around the end of July.

Try Sunshine Suites or Indies Suites for something on Seven Mile Beach or the Seaview Hotel which is just south of Georgetown.
All of these have great rates at the moment and thru Sept/Oct.

Good luck.

Sunshine suites does give a free continental breakfast daily and that will at least knock out part of your food bill down there. The food is very expensive, even at the fast food restaurants. So just having the free breakfast may be worth staying there for you.

Looks like Sunshine Suites just may be the winner. Shame though, the time I plan on travelling, Mid March, the rates are like $145 a night.

Thank You all for the information

If you have a rental car, then you may be interested in the spartan studio room at Nautilus Apts. Summer rates are reasonable.

http://cayman.com.ky/com/nautilus/

My wife, friends, and I stay in their apartment or cottage when we go down, but the studio has same view and beach access. Great folks, awesome view. Quiet residential neighborhood. Less than 20 yards from the water. About 10 minutes from town and 5 minutes from Turtle Farm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom