Cayman Brac vs Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But if you are diving LCBR, you have the island to yourself. We were the only boat on the north side of LC for 2 of the 6 dive days we had, and 1 of 2 boats for the other 4 days.

True.. But in our situation is different in that our son is 11 and toxic to most dive ops. Bill's emails from conch club divers suddenly went silent when I mentioned him. Martin (now running his own shop Brac Scuba Shack)lets our son dive within his ability not those set by an arbitrary rule. Martin will have his dive boat by next year so we'll visit LC.

Any of you read "so you want to live on an island"? by Gay Morse of Pirates Point? It's a light, hilarious read of life-mostly on LC. We had a copy at our villa on the Brac.

Not sure about Conch Club's policies, but LCBR's website says:

*Please note that children under the age of 10 are not allowed on the dive boats, and children between the ages of 11-15 are only allowed on the dive boats when accompanied by a parent/guardian.

So it sounds like they wouldn't have a problem with your son diving with them if you wanted to go that direction. Haven't read Gay's book, but it does sound interesting.

Trust me it's an issue. Oh we'll we will be diving with Martin so it's not a worry. Definitely read the book. However the policeman remembers the boat seat differently. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom