Cayman Brac - any recommendations for restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Going in a couple of weeks - staying at CBBR, so all meals included, but always nice to break out of a resort while on vacation. We are renting a car since wife is non-diver and planning to rock climb most of the week.

Not looking for romance, since our 2 early 20s kids will be with us as well :)

Any recommendations appreciated - thanks!

Chris

I don't blame you for wanting to get out! We at CBBR a few times for lunch (we stayed in a house) and it was decent, but I was told that they get frozen fish shipped in which, if true, is a shame. If it's untrue, the fish they have is still quite bad. The drinks there are phenomenal though. I highly recommend the mint margarita.

We really liked Barracudas both for pizza (every night) and sushi night (Tuesday only). We ate there twice for dinner. The sushi was really, really good. I wish I hadn't offered to share with my less adventurous friends who didn't order their own. Definitely get the yellowtail.

We also really liked Captain's table. You can't go wrong with any of the fresh catch options. The bar atmosphere is also very fun and friendly. We sat outside both times. The inside is a little boring.

CBBR now has a special (reservation-only) menu with fancy stuff, Sat, Tues, Thur, at a 25% discount if you are on the meal plan. Worth a try.

Captain’s Table ... especially on Taco Tuesdays! Good authentic tacos and very fun crowd. We never miss it when we’re on island.

Barry’s Golden Jerk stand, it’s open Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturday nights only. Best bargain on the island IMHO.

Star Island is also good, order anything off the daily special menu board.

Thanks again for all the recommendations. We hit Captain's Table for Taco Tuesday...agree, great food and fun atmosphere!

Did Star Island another night - great seafood

Stopped that same night for a beer at Barracuda's

Food at CBBR is great....but we had fun getting out. As nice as it is at CBBR, having a car to explore the island was really fun

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom