Cayman Airways Low Fares from NYC, Miami, Chicago, Denver, and Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
They are advertising roundtrip discounts right now, including US $78 RT from GYC to Brac or Little Cayman, see the link below, but the special fares may only be available on certain dates or as part of a big package deal.

Welcome to Cayman Airways

Looks like that price to the sister islands either has limited dates that are not specified in the advertising or can only be obtained when linked to a flight from the US. Trying to search standalone RTs to Little from GC shows about $184/RT.

Just looking at the "sale" price from JFK to GCM CA is really no longer price competitive, especially with JB. Too bad. CA fare changes a while back where they eliminated the two free bags has gone the direction I suspected.

Looks like that price to the sister islands either has limited dates that are not specified in the advertising or can only be obtained when linked to a flight from the US. Trying to search standalone RTs to Little from GC shows about $184/RT.

I would assume that the trip to Little is contingent on a US flight to Grand on Cayman Airways.

Yes, I am not sure but that low price to the Sister Islands may only be available as part of a package deal with roundtrip fares between GCM and the advertised US city. I do know that the special fares between ORD and GCM are only available during the busier season.

Just looking at the "sale" price from JFK to GCM CA is really no longer price competitive, especially with JB. Too bad. CA fare changes a while back where they eliminated the two free bags has gone the direction I suspected.

Jet Blue does have some flights out of O'Hare in Chicago. Southwest flies from Midway in Chicago to Fort Lauderdale with connections to Grand Cayman, and the free baggage can really make a difference in the cost.

My favorite are the direct flights on UA between ORD and GCM, but they are not cheap flights and the baggage can be expensive - but we can get there in 4 hours. Unfortunately UA only offers the direct flights from Chicago during the busier season.

It almost seems like what Cayman Airways does is start a set of flights to a city until they demonstrate the demand and attract competition. Then they pull out of the city and move to a new destination. They used to have very cheap flights to GC from Houston until United started matching them, then they quit flying to Houston. Now the United flights are much more expensive than they used to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom