Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrl5549

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have used the search system and there is not a lot about Caye Caulker on here. I am early planning my Birthday trip which still 7 months out. So I have time. I dove down in Placencia for a week it was wonderful. I am a huge fan of Belize. I am looking for a different place to stay. Caye Caulker seems like a slower paced if that is possible in Belize. A little cheaper who has dove there? Where did you stay? Seems liek there are only 3 dive shops.
Thanks.

Unfortunately can’t remeber where I stayed there when I was there 5 years ago. Do remember it was just up the street from Belize diving services who I can recommend who I was diving with and can recommend.

Expect Caye Caulker to be fairly laid back and relaxed. Also found not many Americans mostly Canadians and Europeans there. Island is small and you can walk pretty much anywhere in 10or 15 min. No cars at all there just sand roads and golf carts

Stayed and dove there years ago after working on a Lindblad Expeditions eco-cruise ship for six weeks. Don't remember where I stayed but I dove with Belize Diving Services under previous ownership and was happy with them. Current reviews suggest they are still very good. Liked that I could walk anywhere easily. Unfortunately weather limited our diving at more remote sites but I had already done the six weeks off the eco-cruise ship.

De Real Macaw. It's in the report with a link to their site.

We stayed at Maxhapan and dove with Belize Diving Services in 2012. Liked it a lot. Much different from the rest of Belize. Very laid back, we walked everywhere. It was fairly easy to get to with a taxi from the airport to the water taxi. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Love Caye Caulker!

There are quite a few shops on the island. Some are huts with some gear and a boat, then there's BDS with a full service shop all the way to tech/CCR diving and cave diving (no cenotes/caverns here, straight cave)

I always dive with BDS. Chip/CJ/Pablo take care of everyone with their excellent instructors/DM's and boat captains.

I generally stay at a hostel by the water taxi... I like to spend my $$ on diving than sleeping.

_R

I have used the search system and there is not a lot about Caye Caulker on here. I am early planning my Birthday trip which still 7 months out. So I have time. I dove down in Placencia for a week it was wonderful. I am a huge fan of Belize. I am looking for a different place to stay. Caye Caulker seems like a slower paced if that is possible in Belize. A little cheaper who has dove there? Where did you stay? Seems liek there are only 3 dive shops.
Thanks.

I responded in your other post in Belize, Expensive??? but not sure if it posted or not. Here it is again:

Besides some of the private condos through AirBnB, we thought the nicest was Seaside Cabanas (Seaside Cabanas Hotel | Home). We got the 2 bdrm. w/mini kitchen. One of the few places on Caye Corker (locals call it) with a pool. This last April Seaside was booked up so we settled for De Real Macaw (De Real Macaw: Condominium, Cabanas and Guest House on Caye Caulker, Belize), an eclectic little place down on the beachfront (sort of). Very basic rooms but do have AC. Many places don't have AC, so be sure and ask. There's lots of young backpackers so lots of cheap places. CC is a great little island, their motto is "Go Slow".

Thanks.

We did our last 2 trips to Caye Caulker diving with Black Durgon Dives (Black Durgon Dives || ...for time under water!) (Black Durgon Dives). Simeon and Cory are great dive guides and truly nice folks and they have a nice dive boat.
upload_2018-8-26_7-24-0.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom