Cavediving In France, Tripreport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It is already may, so time to go to France again. I drive on saturday 1100km and will have 2 hours to the rented house the next day. So time to dive then. The others will arrive in the afternoon. I decide to do a ccr cave dive to 76m depth in de st. Georges first. The viz is for this cave good with around 10m. I enjoy it and make a 3 hour dive.
2s8gy2a.jpg

Then I want to try the Combe Negre cave. For me a new cave too. Best is sidemount they told me, but there are some strange people walking around on the parkingplace that I decided to dive the cave with my ccr. A twin12 fits, but my ccr does not fit well. I get stucked, stucked in 60cm deep water 8 m from the entrance. I think one moment of cutting the harnass, but that is just when it will take more than 1 hour to get out of further in. I have to move stones to free myself and then I can go further. I do the first sump of this cave and decide to go out again. The way back is still narrow, but it goes better than in. This time I know what to do. The bailoutcylinder is in front of me, no mount. A nice dive to a depth of 2.2m with my 6/72 diluent, haha.
atq83a.jpg

Then I go to our house and meet the others. We decide to dive the Ressel first and then I go after that dive to the Bial. The Bial is a sidemount cave at the entrance. Last october it was really narrow, so I decide to do the entrance now absolutely no mount. After 6-7m the caves opens again. The viz is this time just a 10-15m, in october it was endless.
2n0oaaw.jpg

2qu6aux.jpg

The next day we do the Marchepied. Or better say, 2 dives in the whole first sumpt the first day. After these dives we do the Landenouse on backmount.
2ywedd3.jpg

The Truffe cave we do on wednesday. Cristal clear. Every time beautifull.
317cjk7.jpg

302uh35.jpg

The others had never done the St. Georges, so we do this after the Truffe. Backmount oc. The viz is not as good as on sunday.
2u89km1.jpg

On Thursday we do the Ressel again. Really busy with divers.
10oir1d.jpg

28br3gk.jpg

Then we do the Cunhac cave. Really strong current to cross the river. In the cave the line is broken several times. We repaired all till the end of the cave. Only not from entrance to mainline. Current is too strong.

The last day is only sidemount. Truffe and Combe Negre again. In Combe Negre we do the first 3 sumps. Really nice.

15pn7n4.jpg

2m5kr3t.jpg

Pictures of Combe Negre. My videolight was empty.
302qaab.jpg

2w4wtps.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom