Cave Diving In Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been living in Thailand for the past 11 years. Spent quite a few years looking for wrecks and now I concentrate on finding caverns and caves. I have found 6 caverns/ caves just north of Bangkok. I normally have been teaching alot of cavern courses there lately. This coming Christmas I will be exploring 5 other caves systems just north of Phuket. I was told that one of the caves definetly goes in 300 meters, time will tell here shortly. There is a cave system down south that goes deeper then 150 meters. We are planning on doing a 60, 80, 100 and a 120 meter dive there during are December trip. There is another area up north we found a cave system that has been walked/swam back at least 500 meters. This was done when the water was really low. I am wanting to check that out soon since the rainy season has just finished. I plan on doing alot of exploring around Thailand this next year especially now that I am getting some financial assistance.

andibk

Hey Bruce, do you teach CCR cave?

Not a problem teaching CCR in caves. Do alot of my diving on RB's while I am diving myself.

andibk

Jim
No I am not a member of the DIR SIAM list, actually the first time I heard of them. I am going on a 9/10 day cave expedition later this month I will try to post what we find on the trip. Did two years in Okinawa Japan, actually first place I ever dove.

Bruce

Just got back from are 9 day cave expedition in Thailand. The first
part of are trip we located a excellent cave system, probable the nicest I
have found in Thailand. The max depth was around 28 meters in depth, we
left two reels of line in the cave. This cave had some of the most
beautiful stalagtites and stalagtites I have ever seen. There is plenty of more exploration that can be done in this area and in this cave. On the second part of the trip we headed to south Thailand to dive a
deep cave system On the the first day we hit a max depth of 80 meters in
depth. We had staged tanks at 6 m, 21 m and 40 meters. In the first 30
meters you had to be careful not to silt things up but opened up the deeper
you got. On day two teh dive team hit a max depth of 127 meters deep. The
old line ended at 115 meters so more is in place now. We placed another
stage tank at 80 meters on dive two. Dive Three the team hit a maximum
depth of 150 meters. The last tie off was at 145 meters, there where no
other places in site to tie off of after that. The rooms are massive the
deeper you go. We are considering going back in a month or so to push it a bit
farther. All of the dives where done on CCR rebreathes. A EVOLUTION,
MK15.5 and a MEG. All rebreathers worked great with no problems. To do these
dives we got assistance from OMS, ANDI, COCHRAN and Aquanatus dive
center in Pattaya.

andibk

I have qualified Advanced and Rescue here in Dubai. Went cavern diving in Oman over the weekend and really loved it, but in terms of caves and caverns, there is nothing else here.

I am coming to Thailand with a buddy in June / July and we both want to do some proper cave diving. Can anyone advise the best cave diving centre? Would like to pick andibk's brains about it. Sounds like your up to some amazing stuff...

Back
Top Bottom