Cave diver after 6 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Tourist

Contributor
Reaction score
I generally don't make posts like this on social media because I find them a little selfish, but for this one I couldn't resist.

It took 8 years since I learned about cave diving and 6 years since I decided I will definitely do it for me to received my final package that completes my cave gear set up. Cave diver at last.
1677020529782.png

To say that the SB community is the most amazing resource one could wish for while learning is an understatement, especially given that none of my friends even have an owd cart.

I would even go as far as saying that SB members are great and rational people, but then I stumbled onto this beauty:

1677021208269.png

Anyhow

Stage course next!

Cave diver at last.
You should be reticent about making that declaration until you've passed full cave. If you have, then tell us the fun stuff. When, who, where, what was your favorite memory, and what was your least favorite memory?

You should be reticent about making that declaration until you've passed full cave. If you have, then tell us the fun stuff. When, who, where, what was your favorite memory, and what was your least favorite memory?
Already on it

Having spools all setup the same you will love. I had a few with Orange spools/white line, black spools/orange line, etc. at first. After doing 3-4 jumps in MX with lines going all over the place its nice to have all similar gear then you just have to double check one spool, confirm its your jump and go.

Having spools all setup the same you will love. I had a few with Orange spools/white line, black spools/orange line, etc. at first. After doing 3-4 jumps in MX with lines going all over the place its nice to have all similar gear then you just have to double check one spool, confirm its your jump and go.
I really didn’t like using white line in mx because in dark caves it’s very very difficult to see; swim 2m away from it, boom it’s gone.

So yes, setting up everything the same with nice green high viz line

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom