DIR- GUE Cave 1 recommendation in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking of maybe going to Mexico and do Cave 1. Does anyone have recent experience of having done this class in Mexico and/or has a recommendation?

Not exactly--I'm on track to take Cave 2. When I was at Zero Gravity in January I spent some time talking with Chris LeMaillot about Cave 2, and ended up registering to take C2 with him in December. Also, I did some C1-level diving with Laszlo Cseh as a guide a few years ago and could sense he was a patient teacher. I picked up some tidbits from him even though it was not a class. I wouldn't have hesitated seeking out Laszlo, except, well, one can get sucked into the Zero Gravity orbit by hanging around there. And then of course there is Jon Kieren, who chimes into GUE threads here now and then. But you knew that.

Kelvin or Ivo at Third Dimension are both fantastic. Ivo is a newly minted C1 instructor, but don't let that discourage you. He's fantastic.

You cannot go wrong with any of the ones at ZG, but I'd like to pitch a vote for Emöke or Laszlo. Super knowledgable. Have only heard positive things about Emöke from friends that have taken classes with her.

You cannot go wrong with any of the ones at ZG, but I'd like to pitch a vote for Emöke or Laszlo. Super knowledgable. Have only heard positive things about Emöke from friends that have taken classes with her.
I’m sure theyre good. My issue is with zg. I feel like the quality of service at the shop has been slowly going down hill. It used to be an enjoyable place to visit or hang out at. Now its kind of cold, sterile, and doesnt give me or my wife that watm fuzzy feeling it used to.
Obviously that doesnt have an effect on the quality of instruction

I’m sure theyre good. My issue is with zg. I feel like the quality of service at the shop has been slowly going down hill. It used to be an enjoyable place to visit or hang out at. Now its kind of cold, sterile, and doesnt give me or my wife that watm fuzzy feeling it used to.
Obviously that doesnt have an effect on the quality of instruction
If you are thinking about Emöke and Laszlo, they do not teach from ZG as far as I know. They have their own operation. (However, I am quite sure you will get absolutely top quality instruction from them.)

If you are thinking about Emöke and Laszlo, they do not teach from ZG as far as I know. They have their own operation. (However, I am quite sure you will get absolutely top quality instruction from them.)
Sorry I misread that. I’m sure they’re excellent instructors. My only comment I really meant to add is the feeling I get from zero g nowadays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom