caught the BUG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lottinala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i just came back from over on the east side of florida and got to do a little diving, did get to do a beach dive one day and onerestlessnative did a little bug hunting and i thought that was really cool. the thing i was wondering is there any bugs on the gulf side casue i never here of anyone bug hunting on this side of the forum. any help would be great and thanks for any info given.

i just came back from over on the east side of florida and got to do a little diving, did get to do a beach dive one day and onerestlessnative did a little bug hunting and i thought that was really cool. the thing i was wondering is there any bugs on the gulf side casue i never here of anyone bug hunting on this side of the forum. any help would be great and thanks for any info given.

I hunt bugs every time I go in the gulf...

I've had the bug for a while. Hard to find 6 ppl to pony up for a deep trip (bugs are in 90-130') and sparse, compared to the east coast.\

I've had the bug for a while. Hard to find 6 ppl to pony up for a deep trip (bugs are in 90-130') and sparse, compared to the east coast.\

They are pretty easy to find on the sites I usually dive out of PCB... You can find them in the 70ft range just as easily. There are more on the deeper sites but you better have a long pole to get them.

They are pretty easy to find on the sites I usually dive out of PCB... You can find them in the 70ft range just as easily. There are more on the deeper sites but you better have a long pole to get them.

I'm coming down this weekend for some rec dives. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

I'm coming down this weekend for some rec dives. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Good luck.. Let me know how it turns out.

a friend of mine caught a bug out of PC one spring break...but a shot of pennecillin (sp?) cleared it right up....:eyebrow:

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. lol

a friend of mine caught a bug out of PC one spring break...but a shot of pennecillin (sp?) cleared it right up....:eyebrow:

Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. lol

:shocked2:.. I say it agian :shocked2:

My first dive after cert was in PC, an 8hr drive after work, checked into the Spyglass Inn. No wake-up call, no phone. Only an Westclox alarm clock. I had to be at the boat by 7am. I woke up every hour to make sure I made it on time.

First dive was to 130ft, on a ledge. I was feeling good just getting to the bottom, spending 5 mins and getting back on the boat. Then, as I'm sitting there feeling all full of myself, an arm comes out of the water with what looked like an 8lb spiny. I never even saw the ledge.

If you have any luck seeing them.....I haven't seen one yet around this area, but then again I do not have many night dives! Yes, I've heard that deeper is better around this part, but a shallow wreck will still have a chance for you too see something....still waiting......:stirpot:

Back
Top Bottom