Caught in the wave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Nebel:
Seems like a lot to go thru for free underwear!

You're absolutely right, I didn't even keep them as they ended up full of sand and were chafing me something awful, and in a most personal place, too.

cmgmg:
Great story. I'm not sure all that training helped you in terms of your reaction. I think a lot of that is what you're born with. Hope you get a medal for saving Gail. BTW, What happened to Gail and the owners of underwear? Hope they're okay too.

I never did find out what happened to the previous owner of the underpants, he was apparently out at breakfast at the time. I hope he is okay too.

Gail was fine. she went through the entire experience without a scratch. After we met up with my dive buddies in the hospital, all of whom were okay apart from some cuts and bruises, she stayed with us and helped us right up until we got on the plane for Bangkok, I owe her an enormous debt of gratitude for everything she did for me.

She told me that she was originally from northern Thailand, near the Laotian border, and had been living and working in Phuket for around three or four years. After the tsunami, she left Phuket and went back to her family for a few weeks, since then she has secured a job with a toy manufacturer and is now living outside Bangkok. She says she is happy, but can not face returning to Phuket.

After some encouragement from my friends and loved ones, I am trying to write a book about my experiences and my recovery. I have about 50-60,000 words now and they just keep pouring out.

Does anybody know of any publishers who might be interested?

Thanks.

Thank you Taipeidiver for sharing your experience. Just let those thoughts pour out. Hope you find someone to publish your story.

Thanks Wishful Diver.

I'm keeping on keeping on. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom